[DML] Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

[DML] Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

Ok, I'll bite.

What exactly is the *courage* that D-1 has in response to? What
exactly are they going against, and why is it commendable?

Not even what you've written in your post show any proof that their
asking price is justified. Even you had to write in your own words
that you could only "guess" that the asking price of the car might be
worth it. And even then, you said "...if you hired any professional to
restore a De Lorean to the quality of one of De Lorean One's cars..."
So even then you've admitted that there is nothing that's any more
special about a car from D-1, that you could get anywhere else. After
all, anyone is capable of achieving the same results that D-1 acheives
when they sell their cars. Even say, DMCH, who sell their cars for
half the price.

So, once more, where is the justification?

Now, I'm going to ask you a question, and don't take this the wrong
way. I'm not trying to hit you with an elitist attack, or anything
like that. Just an honest question.

Since you did not post a VIN #, I assume that you don't own a
DeLorean. But, since you're a member of this group, you certainly have
an interest in them, if not the desire to own one. So, my question is
this:

If prices on DeLoreans shoot so high that you yourself could no longer
afford one, will you be happy about no longer being able to obtain a
car of your own? Will you then commend D-1 and others for "having the
balls" to exclude you from ownership of a DeLorean?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded@xxxx> wrote:

> Kudos to De Lorean One for holding the price at what other dealers
don't have the balls to do.

> My guess is if you hired any professional to restore a De Lorean to
the quality of one of the De Lorean One's cars that they're selling
for $71,500, it would cost you that much money to get it done.

> And I've heard reports that they have a waiting list for those.
>
> The DeLorean car actually looks like a car that should cost
somewhere between $75,000 and $100,000. It's uniquely beautiful
because of its stainless steel skin and its gul wing doors.