[DML] Re: DMC Movie

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tuxr" <tuxdarby@xxxx> wrote:
But, maybe one day someone will
> do a feature length movie, "Delorean", get a few big stars for it,
> would be a great story.  Rising star GM exec, leaves to start new
> car company in Northern Ireland, the drug arrest and acquittal,
the
> Back to the Future movies, and recent death.

With all the talk of this recently, and having just re read "Hard
Driving" and "Grand Delusions," I think most of us will be
dissatisfied with any upcoming movie in one way or another.  Having
given it a little thought, I think the best approach to a Delorean
Movie would be from a dual perspective.  One, from that of a Belfast
worker, and secondly, from a respected former DMC exec.

The reason why I think the perspective of a Belfast worker would be
best is based on my personal reaction to the German Fansite Clip of
the workers.  As the music starts in with the bare frame on the
carrier, it conveys the dignity that many hoped to gain by making
this machine.  Seeing their dedication as they jumped the gates and
fighting for their jobs was extremely compelling.  Contrasting this
with the wheeling and dealing in the NY Headquarters and around the
world would give an interesting counterpart to the story.  As
fascinating and flawed as John was, I'd prefer the story of DMC.