[DML] Idle Still Stuck

I appreciate the responses to my post about my idle problems and wanted to update folks on my situation.  After taking the advice of unplugging the ECU the car idled at 2000RPM-would that be considered normal?  I checked the throttle cable and the quadrant link but wasn't 100% sure how this should fit.  I backed off of the tension to the throttle spool by turning the link and then reconnecting it-should there be any tension or is a loose fit necessary?  It still trips the microswitch and I didn't see where anything changed after the adjustment.  Once the car warms up the idle starts to creep even higher.  Dave had posted that perhaps there is a bad connection between the wiring from the idle speed motor and wherever that particular wiring harness leads to-has anyone had any experience with the wiring in this area?  The car is drivable but people at every stoplight think that I am gunning my engine wanting to race!
All suggestions appreciated,
Mike