Re: [DML] Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean term

Re: [DML] Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean terms?

prototype (NOUN):

1. An original type, form, or instance serving as a
basis or standard for later stages.
2. An original, full-scale, and usually working model
of a new product or new version of an existing
product.
3. An early, typical example.

While I agree that the Fiat *IS* an important part of
the DeLorean history, I don't see how it fits in to
any of the dictionary definitions of "Prototype"..  Or
course, this may open the debate on the definition of
"original"!  (OH NO!!)

Did Bill Collins use the word "prototype"?  Or did
Robert Lamm?

Did'nt Bill call Proto1 the first prototype?

Either way, I'd say whoever selected the word
"prototype" to describe the Fiat made an error.

--- cbl1739 <cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave,
> So,why is it CALLED  THE first Delorean prototype in
> SSI(pg 31 see
> pic)by no other than Bill Collins himself.
<SNIP irrelevant Tucker stuff>
> You are missing the point,Since there were no
> Deloreans of any
> kind,there was NO meaning of what would be the first
> Delorean
> proto,since it was bought by the Company,as their
> platform to begin
> the engineering of the DMC,the Red Rocket,became the
> Default first
> Delorean "company" proto,just like Tucker did.It was
> not that the DMC
> was going to look like a x19,that had nothing to do
> with it,it was
> meant to steer the DMC engineers into the
> Development of a rear
> engined sports car,just like proto1 did.At the time
> it was cheaper to
> start off with a ready made work platform,(the red
> rocket)and
> engineer to their specifications,for their
> concept,in a attempt to
> develop the engineering of the DMC.
> Again outside of the fact that proto1,had SS panels
> and gullwing
> doors,and had the "looks",it too was mostly a
> engineering concept.
<SNIP irrelevant Tilly stuff>

http://farechase.yahoo.com