Re: [DML] Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean term

Re: [DML] Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean terms?

Dave,
So,why is it CALLED  THE first Delorean prototype in SSI(pg 31 see
pic)by no other than Bill Collins himself.
Also a little history,the first Tucker proto was made(cobbled) from a
used car.It still to this day is considered their proto1.
You are missing the point,Since there were no Deloreans of any
kind,there was NO meaning of what would be the first Delorean
proto,since it was bought by the Company,as their platform to begin
the engineering of the DMC,the Red Rocket,became the Default first
Delorean "company" proto,just like Tucker did.It was not that the DMC
was going to look like a x19,that had nothing to do with it,it was
meant to steer the DMC engineers into the Development of a rear
engined sports car,just like proto1 did.At the time it was cheaper to
start off with a ready made work platform,(the red rocket)and
engineer to their specifications,for their concept,in a attempt to
develop the engineering of the DMC.
Again outside of the fact that proto1,had SS panels and gullwing
doors,and had the "looks",it too was mostly a engineering concept.

On your Delorean/Cadillac thing a good example would be:
Not that I really want to mention Tilley,but did not his
Delorean,become his prototype electric car,If he Had become big
business,that would be in his business history as his first
prototype.That is in fact what happened with the red rocket,it
became,DMC's first platform in which,to engineer/base (at the time)to
work from,to develop a production car,since they HAD no other
platform to base it on. If Bill Collins/SSI says first DMC proto,(the
red rocket)then who is to say it is not fact.Proto1 got it thru
default,since the red rocket got scrapped in favor of starting from
scratch again.
cbl

In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxx> wrote:

> The Fiat X 1/9 considered an "engineering mule" rather than a
> prototype. It was a production car, with it's own real VIN, that
they
> modified as a proof of concept.  Companies do this all the time.
It