[DML] Re: Emissions

Generally if you fail an emmisions test the thing to do is just do a
regular tune-up. Of course this varies from car-to-car. On a Delorean
I would recomend replacing the following:
Spark Plugs
Ignition wires
Distributer Cap and rotor
Air filter
Fuel filter
O2 sensor

Also you should include cleaning and testing the fuel injectors and
finding and fixing any vacuum leaks. Depending on the mileage possibly
checking and adjusting the valves. You really don't have to mess with
the mixture adjustment (it could need a minor tweak) but if you passed
before then replacing these parts should get you to pass again. Use
fresh fuel when going for the test and make sure the car is completely
warmed up.
In doing the tune-up you will most likely replace the worn/defective part.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757