[DML] Re: Pre-production car feature: more terms, more confusion

[DML] Re: Pre-production car feature: more terms, more confusion

John and others,

Sorry if my response caused more confusion, since most of the
comments in that post were meant for others on the same topic
and only the first few lines were related to John Dore's post.
I guess I was trying to cover too many items with one post.
The car in the photo John posted is indeed pre-production, but
it may also be a late proto-type or possibly a pilot car too.

Recently, there have been posts and articles in DMC magazines
that have been using car production terms rather loosely and
have caused further confusion about what is "pre-production".
Mike Pack's post takes this even further, to other DMC terms
that are often used incorrectly or may still be open to debate.
Maybe DCS 2006 is a good place to discuss some of these terms.

In addition to Mike Pack's list, there are several other terms
related to DeLoreans that seem to vary from person to person,
vendor to vendor, and even expert to expert, including terms
like refurbish, restored, OEM or NOS updates vs. new updates,
and OEM reproduction parts vs. improved reproduction parts.
Clearing up these terms may help to avoid future confusion.

Later,
Rich W.