From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
usndmc
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 10:28 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Possible Alternator trouble and more

Everything was working great the last month, until about 5 days ago, I
started noticing that once in a while as I would accelerate, particularly in
1st and 2nd gear, through around 1500-1900 RPMs I would hear a whining
screeching sound like a rusty wheel spinning that needed some lubrication
kind of thing, and coinciding with the noise the voltmeter would dip from
its normal 13.5-14 down to about 12.5 until the noise stopped. It usually
only lasted for about 3-5 seconds. I tried 3 different times in the driveway
manipulating the throttle from the engine to replicate the symptom but could
not.