Re: [DML] BTTF pinball machine

I have 2 of them, one is for sale. $1400 is a good price IF it has
been "shopped". Shopped, meaning all rubber replaced, flippers
rebuilt, broken plastic repaired or replaced, all new bulbs, all fuses
checked, highest level of firmware, new batteries, new cordset, new
speakers, new balls. The cabinet should not be carved up and the legs
not rusty. Everything cleaned and the playfield polished. All the
functions should work, including the coin mechs. Also get the manual,
keys, and extra fuses and bulbs and polish. Be careful about getting a
"reimport". Many pinball machines are coming back from Europe. What
this means is that they were converted to 220 volts and were really
beat up between lousey repairs and shipping damage. It takes a lot of
work to get a "reimport" going right again but it can be done. Many of
the parts can still be obtained. The plastics, the backglass, and the
ramps are among the hardest to get. Most of the other parts were
generic so you can get them out of other machines like rubbers,
flippers, balls, electronics, etc. Check out the display to make sure
ALL the segments still work. The glass display tube is EXPENSIVE and
difficult to replace. Check the power board and see if any connectors
are burnt.
  The reason MJF does not appear on the machine was due to bad timing.
They were not able to get his permission in time for production. There
was no dispute.
  The game is fun to play. It is a very rugged machine and once fixed
up still is able to give a good time. It is not the "best" pin every
built, most would say Adam's Family would be. BTW the one I have for
sale is $2,000 and it has been thourghly shopped. Wholesale this pin
goes for $1795 now. Shipping not included. For those of you with a
BTTF The Pinball I can get you the highest rev firmware with a reprint
of the complete manual. I can also tell you where to go for parts.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757