From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Tom Tait
Sent: Wed 11/2/2005 6:15 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Cold Start Valve circuit

My cold start valve is not opening under normal cold start conditions -
no spray.

My cold start valve does not open when the thermo time switch is
bypassed and jumpered out - no spray.

The Cold Start valve sprays fine when I supply it with +12V and ground
directly at its connectors - perfect spray pattern.

Lets see if I have this right...

It looks like ground runs from the hot start relay socket, through the
thermo switch, to one terminal, and the cold start valve using a
blue/black wire

The +12 is supplied from a white/red wire at the starter?

So, with the jumper installed I should first look for continuity from
ground to the terminal on the cold start valve which ties to the
blue/black wire, if that is good then I hook back up to the thermo time
switch and check again.

I then look for +12 on the white/red wire while cranking?

In theory it sounds ok, but I think I'm a little off here - any help or
suggestions?

Thanks...

Tom
10902