[DML] 11501 Update & Looking for new/used B28F

[DML] 11501 Update & Looking for new/used B28F

I Thought I'd let the list know how vin 11501 is fairing after
succumbing to a engine block defect.

The repair was simple and cheap (good clues of a less-than-long term
repair). I patched the hole with epoxy and did some trivial
maintenance (dist cat, wires, water pump, etc).  I haven't taken it
out any where, just up the hill I live on ( I figure if I only drive
up, the ol' gravity `engine' can always bring me home).   I've been
working on smaller projects to keep me occupied and not thinking
about the mess that is my engine.  Recovered the headliners, replaced
my steering wheel bushing, touched up the frame with POR-15, and
bought/installed a small fortune worth of stainless fasteners.   I
was able to scrape some of the epoxy of the frame, but thankfully I
haven't found any rust, other than some surface rust on the edge of
the front crossmember.   The car is really clean, everywhere.  So it
begs the question of how the valley of death became so contaminated.

Given that I expect to have the car well into the +20year range, I've
decided this winter I will put a new / rebuilt used engine in.
Again, I'm not looking to swap a different engine, just a 2.8 PRV
with one less hole.

I've contacted a few vendors/individuals.  I was planning on
purchasing a shortblock from DMC Houston for ~$1.5k as listed on
their online store, but they aren't offering them anymore.   They do
offer a longblock, depending on how the numbers land I may do that.
I'd like to have at least a short block, rather than having to
swap/replace everything into a new block.

I've looked around for B28F's in the local market.  There are a
couple, but all in the +100k mile range (would you belive someone
telling you a 85 volvo has less??).  There is a local-ish company
that sells rebuilt engines; they have the Volvo B28F and the B280F in
the inventory. But for a grand more I could have a DMCh long block
and not have to switch cradle/lower crankcase.

So in the interests of having options; if you have or know of a B28F
(Volvo or Delorean) engine that's available, please let me know.
(Especially in the mid-west, Minnesota region).

Thanks!

-Nate

Vin 11501