Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461 1981 Grey 5 speed
DMC Vin 16879 1983 Black 5 speed
Listen to the best music of all time at www.fmtimemachine.com
Come hang out in The DMC Lounge --
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DMCLounge/

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Manny Sajiun
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 12:22 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Start Issues / Flooding?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "nedferbel" <washingtonisland@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have had my DeLorean since 1998 and have never had a cold or hot
> starting issue in the past. Lately it has sat idle longer than usual
> due to being out of town for several months over the summer. When
> starting it, it wants to turns over for a few seconds, then die. If
> crank too much, the smell of fuel is evident, so I don't think there
> is a fuel pump issue (or at least fuel is getting to the engine).
When
> this happens, I can let it sit a minute, try again, then it turns
over
> a little but will not stay running.
> Now, here's the interesting part. Whenever I remove fuse #7 from the
> fuse box (fuel pump, lambda sensor, etc.) the car will run longer
> until it runs out of the fuel that was originally pumped before the
> fuse was removed.
> It seems as if the car is getting too much fuel and unable to burn
it
> as fast as the fuel pump is delivering it, thus flooding it to a
stop
> each time. It seems the plugs are fine since it does run on it's
> minimum dose of fuel.

The plunger in your fuel distributor is stuck
take out the 3 screws on top of the FD and lift it up and pull out
the plunger dip it in acetone & clean it thorougly and when you put
it back it has to gravity drop out by itself
but remember this is an extremely accurate and precision fit,one
little acratch can ruin it.there's a small o ring under the FD,
best to put a new one in there when reassembling.

Manny Sajiun

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews