[DML] Re: Misc questions

Man! What state do you live in that they force these inspections...
Here in AZ all they check is that your vin matches (you should see
some of the cars on the road here though).... But anyhow..

Your rotors are a simple install. The first thing (obviously) is to
remove the wheels. From there you will need to remove the calipers
off of the post that they are attached to (should be 2 bolts of some
sort holding them on).

Personally, if your pads are relatively low, you may want to
consider replacing them too... To expand your caliper, you may be
able to do it with your hands by pushing the pad back into/towards
the caliper piston. On a cadillac i owned, I had to use a c-clamp to
accomplish this...

Once the caliper is off, the rotor just slides off of the 4 posts
that your lug nuts screw onto. Put on the new rotor, Fit your
caliper back over the rotor, put the bolts back on. Put the wheel
back on, and you should be in business.

Using the electronic locks? If so, to pass your inspection, you
could simply disable them by unhooking a wire, and push the locks
manually.

As for your steering column stuff, you can order a whole new set of
wiper controls, hi-beam/horn arms from dmch and if I am not mistaken
pjgrady. If that is they way you want to go. To replace this though,
you are gonna have to pull the steering wheel off (you can get the
tools for this from most autoparts store)
Have you tried cleaning the connections (they have an eraser looking
thing that cleans up the metal connections that I have used on a
trainset) Additionally, have you checked the reverse bulbs? are they
burnt out? Have you also checked to make sure you have a current
going to the bulbs. If your light board is hosed, a previous post
from someone at the pjgrady site, stated that they are on sale right
now. Please check the site for more details.

BTW jack stands are pretty much a must have. I have ramps, but have
found that they can be a pain to use as on a completely flat surface
they can slide across the floor.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "o0shoryuken0o" <dmc06976@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> There are many things that I want to do on my DeLorean, but first
and
> foremost are 4 issues that need correction just so I can pass
> inspection and get registration.  I've already had the car
inspected
> and now I have 1 month to fix the problems before a reinspection.

[moderator snip]