Re: [DML] My personal experience with my fanzilla and a fan fix.

Re: [DML] My personal experience with my fanzilla and a fan fix.

Okay... as the owner of this infamous Yellow car let me get a few of
the details correct.

The car that actually had the fire with a "fused" jumper (see Vol 1,
Issue 3 of Gullwing Magazine) was my wifes Concours winner!  Pretty
nasty meltdown actually.  The repair included the installation of the
FanZilla.  Car has been fine ever since.

This meltdown prompted me to do some preventitave work on my Yellow
D.  Of course, by the time I got to it, nobody had a FanZilla.  Since
I am one of those owners who spreads my money among all of the
DeLorean vendors I contacted John at SpecialtAuto.  At the time John
was trying some "new" things with his Fan Fix and I agreed to be the
ginnie pig.  We sent a couple different versions of the Fan Fix back
and forth and I settled in with the current version for the last
couple of years.  Since this car had an issue with running warm ever
since I started its resurection, the fans and associated wiring have
had a real workout.  The overheat problem was eventually fixed with a
new radiator (thank you Don Steger... still spreading the $$ around).

During our annual run to Evansville I noticed the fans would not shut
off and the car was running a bit warm.  Makes sense now that I now
only one fan was running...the other was not running due to a fuse
meltdown.  Given the history of this car, I have no doubt there could
be other issues that contributed to the problem that I havent found
yet.  I have been in contact with John and the unit is on the way
back to him for some CSI work.

Im no electrical engineer, but what I have really learned lately is
that people that do this type of stuff have a million different ideas
on how it should be done.  My recent attempt to repair the trans
computer (third time) in my wifes car has really brought this to
light.

Ron Wester
www.gullwingmagazine.com
gullwing-magazine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx