RE: [DML] My personal experience with my fanzilla and a fan fix.

RE: [DML] My personal experience with my fanzilla and a fan fix.

Hi Dennis,

I have had the same experience with past fuse holder sockets like you
mentioned.  The plastic around them is constant melting.  After working on
semi, and some race cars I work on we stopped using them.  The class style
fuses are just so much more reliable, providing you by a decent holder.  I
tried over 18 different holders when I built my fan unit, and let me tell
you not all holders are the same.  To find one that can hold 25 amps of
current,  with decent contacts is quite hard to find.  Although my original
prototypes I had built used the same style connector.  I had wanted to use a
fuse style that was readily available,  and in use in the car.  But after
talking to rob during the final stages of development he persuaded me to
change.  And although it takes me an additional 35 minutes or so to build
the unit,  additional machine of the case (although machine shops job),  I
believe it is a more reliable solution.

I also agree in trying to rely on one or two good vendors.  Some parts are
better than others,  for instance John Herveys brake lines IMHO is much
better than the goodridge? version that broke on me later.

-Shain