RE: [DML] Back into the fray -

Hi Don,

I can answer only two of your questions but I'll address them all.

1) I have no info on this car.

2) I know of some local D's for sale and have several available at my shop
now. I have a near perfect 83 5spd (with the rare black and light grey
interior used on a very few late VIN# cars) with a one year warranty as well
as several privately owned cars at lower prices. Why don't you give us a
call?

3) It costs $5223.75 for a complete motor or $3500.00 for a short block not
including freight and installation.

4) I wish I knew its whereabouts as we sold the car brand new to the
previous owner in 1981 and did most of the service to it until he sold it to
you a few years ago. I hate to see one of my "babies" get lost!

Let me add that it is ALWAYS cheaper to buy a properly maintained or
restored Delorean than to buy a fixer-upper unless you are a mechanic and
can do all the work yourself. Labor accounts for about half of a restoration
job so you could save money, but lose (your valuable?) time, that way. I am
continually amazed at the amount of seemingly intelligent people that choose
to buy a DeLorean "blind" even after consulting with a DeLorean vender. They
think they will save money by avoiding the "middleman" but don't realize
that unless they are a very good mechanic then they'll be dealing with one
anyway in the form of expensive parts and service! I always advise potential
owners to save their money until they can buy one that is in good shape but
surprisingly few listen but hey...what can you do. "You can lead a horse to
water but"....you know the rest.

Sincerely,

Rob Grady

P.J.Grady Inc.