[DML] Re: Towing the DMC

Here in New Jersey the police are getting tough with the tow trucks
that flat-bed 1 car and tow the second "on the ground" with the rear
wheels. They require tow lights for the vehicle on the ground. There
is a kit of recovery lights that is ssold that consists of 2 lights
that you place on the rear of the towed vehicle. They have magnets to
hold them on. On a Delorean I use 2 bungee cords to hold them on the
rear sunshade. It then plugs into the lights on the tow vehicle to
provide tail, turn, and stop lights. Any vehicle "on the ground" needs
to be plated, insured, and registered. I have towed my 5-speed with my
tow dolly, it is not too bad but you cannot back up with it and you
have to be careful of sharp dips, driveways, and sharp turns.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757