[DML] Re: Engine vacuum problems?

I meant silicone gasket sealer for the "O" rings. I also recomend
anti-seize compound on the steel bolts going into the aluminum. I
suggest you replace the water pump becuse it is 20 + years old and it
is a lot of trouble to replace it but if you have the intake off it is
not a big deal. Use a shop vac to get the stuff out of the recesses
and poke gently with a stick to loosen the crud as you vacuum. Acetone
is a bit dangerous. Brake cleaner is a little better. Work in a well
ventilated area and use a respirator. You don't have to paint but if
you clean it good POR 15 is good. I would also replace the idler
pulley bearings, all hoses and seals, hose clamps, vacuum hoses, and
belts. Most of the venders have what they call their Master Water Pump
Kit which includes just about everything you will need.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo@xxxx>