Re: [DML] trailer hitch

Bernie Wrote:

 "I can't drive both at the same time, and a D can't tow anything."

As some one already pointed out, there are Delorean's out there set up to tow trailers and I think there is even a tow truck Delorean. Although that could be a hoax.

But this reminded me of a story.

I was once at work when my wife called and left me a voice message (Pre cell phones). It seems her car broke down in front of the Burger King and needed my help. Well I live in the Denver area (Read about 500+ Burger Kings), but after a bit of thought I figured I knew which one. So I looked up the number and gave Burger King a call. The manager answers and I explain I am looking for my wife and what kind of car she's driving would he mind taking a look. A few minutes later I hear the manager yell "Hey guys come look there is a Delorean outside." It seems my father had come to help her and his only form of transport at the time was the Delorean.

To make a long story shorter... He hooked up a tow rope to the "D" car and our Ford Escort Wagon and towed it to our favorite garage, about two miles away. The Delorean had no trouble towing the car until... He went over a speed bump and then had to stop. When he started up again he couldn't pull the Escort over the speed bump due to lack of torque.... Now this is where the story gets a bit embarassing for us Delorean owners, The garage owner came out with a special "golf cart" hooked up my dead car and finished moving it into the garage...

So yes a Delorean can tow, just watch those speed bumps.

Dan Haney
vin 3254 - Part time tow truck

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet