Re: [DML] New stereo system

Sorry man, but you will *have* to either cut the face plate, or buy the  DMCH
upgrade.  There is simply *no* way around this, unless you wanna opt  for
another tape deck.

Amplifier? - YES
Woofer? - Maybe.  Depends on how much bass you want.  If you  listen to a lot
of rap and the like, this is obviously a must.  Where do  you plan to mount
this sub?  DMCH / DMCF's upgrade is about $1,000 or so,  and they really give
you the works!  My only gripe with this setup is that  you lose the driver-side
lockbox for the 8" sub.  Some people remove the  spare tire and drop in big
subs in there.  I personally don't recommend  this setup, only because I've had
to use my spare tire before!

I have four 5.25" speakers, two in the footwells, two on the  rear-shelf.
The deck is a Sony MP3 CD player... I forget the model number,  but it cost
about $120.  52 x 4 peak, around 20 ~ 22 RMS.  In my  experience, this has been a
real lousy setup.  The deck was really worth  the $120, and the sound is good
too... up until around 55 mph.  I'm  thinking an amplifier may solve this
problem, but I haven't decided anything  quite yet.  I may go 6x9s in the rear
shelf, and tweeters in the front dash  (where the old 3s were).  Subwoofer in the
trunk, alongside an amp or  two.  But I digress.

If you really like the sound of your home stereo set, you're going to have
to spend some real money to copy that sound over to your DeLorean (you can
quite  easily run up your $1k budget).  If you're really a nutball like I am, you
may also take a few avenues to reduce the level of sound the DeLorean itself
produces (wind noise, engine noise, etc etc). Dynamat (it is Dynamat, right?)
is  a popular choice.  And there's always new seals and what not.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
William F.