Re: [DML] Struts

When I picked my Delorean after a years long worth of restoration, I
was dissapointed in the fact that the doors didn't open up like I
remembered, same with my hood. I thought this was unnacceptable and
that a new set of struts should be tried. Sure enough th doors flew
up and bounced nicely. I am also in Michigan, my doors still fly up
perfect even in 50 degree temp. I have a feeling there are reject
struts for sale unknowingly at the various vendors or may just be
too old.  I have a friend with new DMCH struts, his doors droop. I
have new DMCH struts and they operate perfect. Specialty Auto says
they have the best around and they are warranteed for 5 years. I
would buy a couple sets to try. I am anxious to read your new post
regarding the outcome. I bet you will uncover the mystery of the
drooping doors. The torsion bar should not be touched unless you
have exhausted every option.

Question thou, When cleaning the inside of my windows, sometimes I
hold the door down half way, I noticed oil/gas spew from the piston.
I am sure this takes a little life away from the piston when this
happens.
Byron

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lacy <heylacy@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I bought a set of new struts earlier this year. The temp was
55 and one door drooped lower than the other, so I switched them and
the opposite door drooped. The vender says I need to adjust rods but
I  think I got a odd match set of struts. Do  you think I should ask
for a repacement strut before I fool with door rod adjustments?
Should I send them back for refund and buy temperature adjusted
struts? I'm in Mich. and the temp went to 55 and they are drooping
already. Looks really low tech when getting out somewhere. One more
thing, I had a chance to switch my new struts with another D owner
and  his worked fine on my car. Why don't all newer cars' struts
droop in cold weather?  Thanks for listening, any advice would be
helpful, lacy