Re: [DML] Parking brake fitting & adjustement

Re: [DML] Parking brake fitting & adjustement

Chris,

When you pull the rear wheel off, you'll notice towards the front of the
caliper a large screw with a flat head, there should also be a cotter pin
going through the head of the screw to prevent the adjustment from moving on
its own.  When you have the caliper mounted over the rotor, remove this
cotter pin and tighten the screw until the parking brake pads are just shy
of rubbing on the rotor.  All of this is done with the parking brake handle
fully released.  Put the pin back in and do the same to the other side.
When you think you have both done give the handle a pull, the wheels should
be locked within a few "clicks".  The pads will not move much when you pull
on the handle so be sure you have the pads as close to the rotor as possible
without really rubbing.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732