[DML] DMA (was DMC Maryland)

Bernie,
  I never thought you were suggesting that anyone not join DMA.  As you state below, (as was my belief),"DMCMD group is mainly for owners in this region"  I assume that means MD.  As Chuck wrote he seemed to be encouraging members from the Mid Atlantic States to join as he mentions NY and other states for example.  That didn't seem like the MD region.  Of course many of us belong to more than one group and in fact we have members from states very far away.  I just didn't understand the need for two Mid Atlantic Region clubs.  Its great to have small regional clubs in one state or area.  In fact were are looking into creating sub chapters in the states our club serves that may be a two or three hour drive from the areas where events are mainly held.  We are also looking at having more events out of the traditional areas, such as the recent Fall Tour in CT and RII.  I for one would love to see and event planned in MD from our MD members.  In fact I attended a National Car Club event in Hunt Valley, MD for another car I owned and it was great.  In any event if you would like to discuss any of this please feel free to email myself or any officer privately.  I don't want clog up the list with this, but would be happy to discuss it.  Combining two local clubs to form a larger regional club is a good idea.  Thats how DMA was formed.  Again just didn't see the need to create something that already exists for this region, but I would like to see more events in the outlying Mid Atlantic States such as MD.  The more Delorean get togethers the better.

Gary Gore
Vice President
Deloreann Mid Atlantic
www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

<<Chuck wrote

Any one from New York is welcome to join too, I did not mention them simply because they are a lot farther away from Maryland.
Chuck McKnight>>

<<Bernie wrote
The DMCMDD group is mainly for owners in this region, it's at least a3 hour drive to NYC where most of your members live. We do not havea paid membership thing going, and we run it through the group.It is a small group of owners that just get together to socialize.It is easier for us to get together down here, rather then drivingall the way up there.We are not suggesting that anyone not join the Mid-Atlantic club.
Bernie>>