[DML] Re: Abandoned in Vegas

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "secret_jedi_guy"
<secret_jedi_guy@xxxx> wrote:

> This is mostly to all Las Vegas owners on the list, but anyone else
> is welcome to chime in.
>
> I got a tip from work the other day that there was a D' parked in a
> guy's driveway on Jones near Rancho.
<SNIP>

That would be Vince. Nice guy, but he just doesn't have the time to
work on the car. 5+ years sitting there would be a kind estimate. He
blew the water pump back in 1988, and the car has sat there ever
since. If I remember correctly, it's VIN 3223, but I know for certain
that it's an automatic. He and his wife both loved the car, but he
just says that he's going to get around to repairing it. Of course
he's been saying that for the past 17 years....

When it was parked, his wife told me that it was in new condition. But
once it broke down, he just got too busy with a family and his job to
turn his attention to the car. And from there, it just became less and
less of a priority.

He's a helluva nice guy, but don't think that he doesn't know what he
has, because he does. And certainly don't think that he's gonna sell
the car anytime soon, 'cause he won't. He's got a stack of business
cards from people who've offered to purchase the car over the years.
And believe you me, they do check back to see if he'll ever change his
mind. I too stop by every so often (read: couple of years) to say
hello and shoot the breeze. It may not seem like it because of the
neglect, but he really does love that car. If I'm not mistaken, soon
after he bought the car, he met his wife because of it. So it really
does hold a special place for his family. In fact, if you look close
enough, you'll see that the tires are brand new to the car. Not long
after he bought them, the car broke down.

In spite of the car, he gave me some of the best advice about my car,
shortly after I bought it. "Clubs are ok, but you don't need anyone
else's approval to enjoy your car. Let alone have to let someone tell
you HOW to enjoy it. Do what makes you happy."

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"