[DML] 10989 update

For those of you following my car, today was Christmas for me. We;
Mike and I, found the electrical problem and got the thing to crank
consistanly, we fixed the trailing arm assembly, and I learned alot
about my car. The only thing that really gets under my skin is that
I must have gotten bad gas because a while back I cleaned the entire
tank and all the parts that go in it, replaced all the lines and put
89 octane gas in it, then it didn't start so it sat for two or three
months because of family issues an college. Mike noticed that the
pump was not pumping so we took the thing out and what do you know,
rust and junk all in the gas and the pump is seized. It's like
taking two steps forward and three steps back. I know it's an old
car and normally take in stride but for some reason I was frustrated
with this one because I just knew that it would be running by now,
now I have to replace everything that I have to do in the tank.
Tuesday I get the new Tie rod ends from DMCH and will replace them
Saturday.

That reminds me, is there only one size banjo bolt for the pump? I
ordered one from DMCH told them that it was a stuby and i think they
sent me the wrong one because it is too long, I put three copper
washers on it to try to get it to fit but it still won't fit right.
I know that was a stupid thing to do and the car not starting
probably saved my car, I assumed that DMCH would send me everything
I need for the job, but they missed some parts. The copper washer
that they sent was a bit too big, the bolt is to long, so I hope
that it was human error. I didn't know what it was supposed to look
like so I didn't tell them about it until months after I ordered the
part. I found out that the P.O did not know what he was doing when
he/she worked on it.

It will be at Chicago hopefully it will be pretty too ;P

Josh
10989