Re: [DML] ?? Separating Tie rod end from steering knuckle, HOW?

Re: [DML] ?? Separating Tie rod end from steering knuckle, HOW?

This will tear up the boots - generic urethane replacements are
available just about anywhere, but I agree that if the car has many
miles on it just replace the whole tie rod end.

Another route on this is to unscrew the locknut on the tie rod end and
just back the tie rod out of the end. You need to mark and measure
everything, count the exposed threads etc or you'll be visiting the
front-end-alignment guy when you are done.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy@xxxx>