[DML] Re: Need some Air

The metal pipe, aka heat stove, only operates when it is cold and the
engine is warming up. It is not that important, it minimizes the
emissions during warm-up. The hose from the oil cap is important. The
crankcase is under negative pressure so air is drawn in through that
tube. It is connected to the air cleaner so dirt is not introduced
into the motor. The parts in the right rear pontoon do come apart but
you have to remove the rear facia to get them all out. The intake IS
restrictive. Run a pipe from the top of the mixture unit over the top
of the motor and put the air filter in the rear pontoon and get fresh
air from the scoop at the rear of the window in the quater panel. If
you notice that the air flap, aka air sensor plate, is dirty, maybe
the air filter isn't installed right allowing dirty air to get past it
or maybe you have a defective filter or it is not correct. Dirty
injectors are a major source of idle quality problems and high
emissions. So are leaking injectors seals. They get old, hard, and
leak "false air".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "secret_jedi_guy"