From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
secret_jedi_guy
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:41 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Need some Air

Hello everybody,

In the process of replacing my fuel injectors I noticed that the very
restrictive AIR CLEANER was no longer CLEANING AIR.  Even after
replacing the filter not more than a month ago there as a very nice
layer of greasy dirt all over the top of the air flap(can't remember
what it's called)  which means that what ever wants to get into the
engine is.

I'm making it a project this Saturday to work out a less restictive
air cleaner whilst making it less expensive than John Hervey's stuff.

First question:  How important is the metal heat stove hose that comes
off of the air intake?  I have seen cars with and without it that run
fine.

Second question: How important is the hose that comes off the oil cap
to the air breather?

Third question:  Is the section of the intake that comes out of the
pontoon all one piece or is it sectional and able to be removed?

By the way after replacing my injectors I have to hesitation, my
emissions dropped like a rock and no more sparatic idling in case
anyone is interested.

I am pretty much just thinking of dumping all the stock intake stuff
and just put in a free flowing hose with a cone K&N filter on it and
just hook that directly up to the scoop on the outside.  If anyone has
any other ideas or input feel free to jet in your 2 cents cuz I'm open
for improvement.

Thanks again,

Japheth Deaux

VIN:1223