Re: [DML] "D" may stand for Divorce....the ongoing 6859 saga

Re: [DML] "D" may stand for Divorce....the ongoing 6859 saga

       I doubt that you'll find a shortage of DeLorean owners who havent
faced the same problems that you're running into.  If it helps at all, your
DeLorean sounds like it's in better shape then mine was when I purchased it 8 years
ago.
       Trust you best judgment on whether or not you want to pull the trans
yourself, but let me just say, that after having the trans out of my delorean,
it's not a project that I would ever want to repeat, at least not without a
lift.  If the car is already testing your paitance, trying to put that
transmission back in will surely make matters worse.  Again, if you have access to a
lift, it's a differnt story, but putting a transmission while lying on your back
on a cold cement floor, in any car is no picnic.  I prefer to do everything
on my DeLorean myself, but when it comes to the transmission, next time I face
that issue(hopefully there won't be a next time) I will gladly pay to make
that job somebody elses problem.

Owning and maintaining a DeLorean can be quite a time, and garage consuming
experience (it's amazing how a small car can manage to take up both sides of a
2 car garage when you start to take parts off, and have tools all over the
place).  But from my standpoint, its still a blast overall.

Andrew
4194

PS:  The other thing that should worry you is when the person selling it says
"It's got a little problem with the fuel pump, but don't worry, it's nothing
major."  Chances are you should worry and it is something metaphysically
major.