[DML] Re: Galvanic corrosion

To reduce electrical corrosion, aka electralysis, all you have to do
is have fresh anti-freeze. Your anti-freeze should have it's PH
checked every year and you should drain, flush, and replace it every 4
years. When the anit-freeze gets too acidic you have problems,
especially with the aluminum parts, they go first. The other thing to
do is to not charge the battery in the car and remove it when storing
the car. Some battery chargers (the cheaper ones) can impress an AC
voltage onto the car's electrical system. This is "A VERY BAD THING".
It can melt the parts and damage semiconductors. I personnaly do not
like the trickle or "float" chargers that are always left hooked up.
ANY AC leakage, even a tiny bit, over a long period of time can do a
lot of damage. BTW the idea of connecting everything together won't
help. Dissimilar metals will still create an electromotive force and
the lower ones will disolve onto the upper ones.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757