Re: [DML] Ball joint failure

Vibrations can be so many things: bad tie rods, bad ball joints, bad
rack, bad bearings, unbalanced tires or old tires with flat spots, bad
steering joints, etc so there is A LOT to check out. My car had the
recall, but all of my ball joints aren't even a year old. There were
no warnings of the failure coming while I was driving, when it
happened it just happened-snap and scrape. If you are running with 25
year old ball joints then hey, you may be able to keep going. I had a
1950 Buick with original ball joints and that thing drove great. But
it can't hurt to check them-and grease them up while you're at it.
-----Dani B.