[DML] Re: Cat removal

Actually the car should be dynoed before you make any changes so you
know how much improvement each change makes. The "best bang for the
buck" is going to be the simple stuff like new spark plugs, ignition
wires, vacuum hoses, distributer cap and rotor, valve adjustment, new
air filter and so on. In fact all of this should be done even before
the first dyno test. On the last dyno test you can fuss with the fuel
mixture and ignition timming. More important than horsepower is the
torque curve and how it relates to the gearing and shift points. As
you can see just messing with the catalytic converter is only 1 piece
of the puzzle. You are correct about the dyno, without actual dyno
runs all other observations are subjective and hard to repeat. Another
reason why going this route is expensive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757