Re: [DML] Driving With Doors Open

Thanks for the responses, yes, I was worried about the alignment of
the doors.  Seems hitting the brakes even mildly could cause a
problem as the doors would be leaning forward, same with slow
acceleration to even 5 or 10 mph, I can see the doors leaning
towards the back.  My fear is when I go to close them the alignment
would be off and I'd be shutting them down in the area of the front
tire :)  Or some type of bar or mount would break up top (you can
tell I'm not much of a mechanic).  My teenage daughter of course is
worried about the life long emotional scars caused by intense
humiliation and embarrasement resulting in years of therapy at great
cost and personal expense, but hey, did I mention I WOULD have
fun!!!!  (For the record, all her friends love it).

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike.griese@xxxx wrote:
> Sorry - I saw alignment and thought suspension.
>
> The doors themselves are not structural in the sense that the
> frame is however they do increase the rigidity of the car when
> they are closed.  This is a big deal in an accident but not
> at low speeds on paved roads.
>
> It's generally not a good idea to drive around with the doors open.
> Others have done it in parades without any immediate problems.
> I just don't think it's worth the risk.  The doors are heavy and
have