[DML] Re: Bob's AC problems.

I see the opposite - I've noticed on my car that the temp gauge
actually reads lower with the A/C on than with it off. It's not an
electrical drop issue, I can see the temp rise and fall slowly. If
turning on the air heats the engine temp appreciably you have other
problems.

In my case I have the fans wired to run continuously with the A/C
turned on (they do not cycle with the compressor clutch), and I'm
running a slightly cooler thermostat (by accident). This means that
with the A/C on I'm actually overcooling the engine a bit. I'm now
running the aftermarket 3-core radiator, but a NOS OEM unit (that
started leaking after 6 years) was the same way.

You could also have a radiator problem. If it is the original radiator
you should replace it, even if it isn't leaking. Many of the originals
are plugged up from prior neglect and just don't cool well.

Dave Swingle

buy my other car......
http://www.dmcnews.com/BuyNSell/2466forsale.html