Re: [DML] Re: Port and Polish

Second day-
the low end really isn't missing very much from original. It's just a little
different.
I still have a blast taking off from the line, and running through the gears
is much more fun.
It will in no way compare to '69 Charger, so don't even try that comparison.

I love the sound standing outside the car, especially behind it showing it
off to my friends. With the windows down it is very pleasing too. But with
the windows up it doesn't have the same bassy note and clarity, it's just
loud.
So, I'll be keeping the windows down until I add some back cabin insulation.
:-)
I think I need to do that anyway, as I've always been plagued with engine
smells.
I've siliconed some of the rubber wire-harness gromets like the antenna and
o2 sensor wire.

On 9/15/05, kjc <ckevinj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First drive:
> wow-- this is loud! It's got a nice burbley rumble sound to it, especially
> on decelleration or wind down from revving.
> It looks great too...
> Ok, performance: the low-end early revs don't have the same punch anymore.
> Rick warned of that-- a stock engine with this kit doesn't have the airflow
> and backpressure that gave the car some early zippiness in the acceleration
> cycle. But it definitely has some more get up once it gets going. I'd say
> over 2500 rpm's and you are back in the groove but I wasn't watching the
> tach too close.
> Good thing it was a fourtyish mile drive home! I had fun. Didn't want to
> get off 59 onto the slow-moving perpetually backed up i45 so I kept going
> and took another highway south and jogged over on the beltway.
> It felt great! Worth saving all summer for.
>
> I love those guys. I just peppered the experienced Steve, Warren, Bill as
> well as the new guys Rick and Curtis with questions about this and that. I
> think Steve solved my hard-to-start issue by just talking and listening to
> it, but I'll know more tomorrow because I'm definitely driving this bad boy,
> and then I'll post the solution for posterity.
>
> Great customer support, as always.
>
> -Kevin
> League City (sort of)

[moderator snip]