RE: [DML] Re: Stolen in Seattle

Not to be argumentative, but recently there was a tech
article on how to pull a "Macgyver" to get to unlock
the car.  While this is good for those who do honestly
lock themselves out, I think that it could provoke
theft a bit more easily.  Now granted, there aren't
going to be a lot of "serious professional" car
thieves lurking on our yahoo group or any other
DeLorean information outlet for that matter - it still
provides a method that they can learn.  With the
recent thefts of DeLorean parts right off the cars and
now an unfortunate car jacking altogether, some
thieves seem to have the time to do on a
better-than-amateur level.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's almost BETTER for
someone to accidentally lock themselves out of their
DeLorean.  While that may sound very pompous and
almost rude - especially to those who have done it -
I'll be willing to bet that most haven't locked
themselves out a second time.  Sometimes learning from
one's mistakes is the best way to drill a point home -
experience being the ultimate teacher so to speak.  I
always have at least 2 sets of keys back at the house
so if I have absolutely no choice, I can get a set of
keys from the house and - vola - fixed.  Now if I'm
away from the house.....that's a different story.  One
nice thing about having the door solenoids unhooked
(as of right now), doesn't give the door locks much of
a chance to "accidentally" lock.  I always try to have
a place for my keys before I even get out of my car.
For instance, my Delorean keys have a clip that goes
to one of my belt loops.  Before I can lock the doors,
I try to always attach the keys to my belt loop - that
way I'm just about guaranteed to not forget my keys in
the car.  So far so good.

Anyhoo, just my thoughts on this recent topic - not an
attack or insulting comment to anyone in particular.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com