[DML] Re: Engine Upgrades.

The problem is that it's not a perfected motor that they wrenched on,
and suddenly got improvement out of. It was still a pretty early
design by Renault, with lots of unrealized areas of improvement that
they had yet to tap into. As well, there are ALOT of improvements
that take place outside of the engine as well.

The only real engine modifications are custom cams, and ported and
polished heads. All with the goal of flowing greater volumes of air
and fuel into and out of the combustion chambers, at a much faster
rate, for a more powerful explosion inside the combustion chambers.

Next is a beefier ignition system to help burn the fuel more
efficiently, and the new exhaust system. Less restrictive than stock
because of both physical obstructions inside the plumbing, larger
diameter pipes to flow more gas faster, and shorter tubes. If you add
this all together, the substansial gain in power output is realistic,
if not impressive when according to DMCH, the stock tuning
specifications are kept intact.

Plus there is peace of mind with the motor as well. Since this is not
only a common modification of the drivetrain, but one that doesn't
need any custom tinkering. That takes away alot of the stigma
normally associated with engine swaps.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

<SNIP>