[DML] Re: Hard start issue?

Your technique is a little off. You have to remove the wrench and plug
the hole to see if the mixture is set correctly. If not you then
unplug the hole, reinsert the wrench, and give it another tweak. The
weight of the wrench also messes up the setting so it really does have
to be removed. The adjustment is VERY sensitive, it has to be tweaked
in less than 1/8 turn increments. Before touching the mixture screw
you should also check the centering of the air sensor plate to be sure
it is not touching the sides of the venturi. It is very difficult to
get the mixture set if the plate rubs the sides. The mixture screw is
to be set ONLY AFTER ALL OTHER PARTS BEING REPLACED AND ALL OTHER
ADJUSTMENTS. In many cases you should find (unless the mixture was
already messed with) that replacing all the old parts and doing all
the other adjustments, the mixture doesn't have to be changed. Do not
try to adjust for vacuum leaks. They have to be fixed. Unless the
mixture is WAY off it has little effect on starting. Do not try to fix
a hard start problem by "adjusting" it away. Start with the obvious,
the systems that are activated during a cold start. Like the cold
start system, including the valve, the TTS, the wiring, and the
connectors. BTW do not attempt to adjust the mixture if the Lambda is
not fuctioning. Check it first to be sure it is running.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757