[DML] Re: Hard start issue?

You've got to systematically troubleshoot the cold  start circuit.  Get the
schematic and someone who can read it and work it  step by step.  It is not a
difficult circuit.  Last Saturday I visited  a new owner here on Long Island
who's car took a long time to start when cold,  i.e. the cold start problem.

I used a multimeter and made sure the Thermotime switch  was get voltage from
the / through the cold start injector.  It was  not.  I pulled back the
wiring boot on the injector and found one of the  contacts was pushed into the
injector's connector so it was not connecting to  the injector itself.  I pushed
it forward from the outside end and then we  were able to measure the voltage
going to the Thermotime switch through the  injector itself.

Does this make any sense?

This is the email I received the next  morning....

Dave,

Well, I entered my car this morning with  slight
trepidation. I depressed the gas 1/4th of its travel,
turned the  key and whoosh! Car started right up on
first turn. I really appreciate you  taking time out of
your schedule to help me. All the  best

-Dan

As I said it is a simple circuit and basic  troubleshooting techniques apply.
 If you need more help email  me.

D² & 6530
(+2700  ohm)