Re: [DML] Re: Production twin turbo PRV

[Moderator Note:  I realize this has strayed a bit off topic, but the subject seems to have some historic value so I'm letting it run for a while.  Please hold back your complaints, I won't let this subject go on forever.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

>First, I almost sure that the A610 Alpine never had a twin turbo,
>this setup was only used on some competition cars.

I never said it did. The only production twin turbo PRV was in the
Safrane Bi-turbo which also had the balance shaft - something the A610
didn't. I don't know for sure but would guess the Saf also has hydraulic
tappets - the A610 doesn't

>Do you want to see one of the best engine evolution ? Would you want
>650hp in your DeLorean ?

While Venturi did produce a couple of wierd and wonderful PRV hybrids,
they were just that:  hybrids. The 260 had a late 2.8 litre 25 turbo
engine (which if the pistons were still available would be the best
solution to turbocharging the DeLorean engine). The Atlantique 300 at
281bhp was the most powerful of the 12v's a but was a hybrid of the 25
turbo / GTA heads on a 3 litre bottom end giving it 7.6:12 compression
and the ability to run over a bar of boost. These were all single turbo

The 600LM is a blinking LeMans car! It's a 3 litre bottom end mated to
heads from a Peugeot 605/ Citroen XM 24v with proprietary cams/lifters.
In roadgoing form it knocked out 400bhp but the engine is still a hybrid
and was produced in really small numbers. This is the only other twin
turbo but the engines weren't built at Douvrain

Martin