Re: AW: [DML] Re: OVERHEATING?

The problem is that if you face the head too much, you throw the cam
timing out and your timing cover bolts won't line up. If you're facing
the heads because the heads have warped the result will be that the
camshaft is no longer strait and this will die pretty quickly. Taking a
couple of thou off to create a perfectly clean, flat surface for
re-mating is okay. I've done it several times.

The argument about the chain tensionsers is nonsense, I know a PRV tuner
who's taken over a mm off the surface to raise the compression. He used
verniers to re-time the cams correctly, and added dished pistons, steel
crank and high lift cams to raise things to 11:1 and gets 270+bhp from a
carb'd 2664cc odd-fire.

Don't ask me "how do I go about doing this" please.... :-) It's easy if
you have the cash.

Martin