From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Michael Fischer
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:21 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] What's the Air Filter for our cars?

 Hi Ed,

As a fellow Canadian .. I hear yah...

Unfortunately I have yet to have much luck with local parts stores and
the D .. In fact the few parts I've found at Canadian Tire etc.  have
often been more expensive (or at least on par) with ordering them from a
vendor ..  And if you include your time phoning around and hunting, then
they are often more expensive.  (A thermostat was the latest example ..
$30CDN at Canuck Tire .. And they'd have to order it, vs. $12USD from a
vendor)

  I've found the best way to do things is just bite the bullet and order
several things all at once ... Save on shipping that way by combining
them..
And it's easy to predict what you'll need/wabnt.

And never NEVER NEVER use FedEx or UPS etc.  They will screw you with
Brokerage fees etc. all the time ... Doesn't matter what.

  Just have thigns sent postal service .. Usually takes about 3 weeks to
get stuff ... Most vendors will label things eithe "gift" or "antique
auto parts"  which will avoid most of the Bureaucratic crap.

  You might still get a bill for the PST .. That used to happen when I
was in BC .. But I'm back in Alberta now .. So no problem there.

  I know this won't help if you need an air filter ASAP....

Maybe we need to lobby DMCH to open a DMC-CA outlet....

Mike
17106, '83 Canadian Edition

[long quote trimmed by moderator]