[DML] engine pulling question.. Also upgrades.

[DML] engine pulling question.. Also upgrades.

Ok. Complain if you want but i'm posting this without having searched
the archives or dmcnews because I'd like to get this out before the
moderator de jeur goes to bed, as I plan on doing this tomorrow right
after I mow the yard...

My question is this... How the heck do you get the engine out without
removing the transmisson (its a manual)?  The shop manual I have only
talks about pulling them both together,but it will be much easier on me
if I can only pull the engine right now, get it on the stand, then start
dealing with the transmission.. I've removed every bolt i've seen.. 3 on
the starter, 4 on the transmission bell housing, and of course the 2 on
the motor mounts.. The top seems to be seperating easily but the bottom
seems to be hanging on something.. I fought with this a good 3 hours
today to the point I got sick of dealing with it. Are there any bolts
i'm not seeing? I know there are two on the very bottom installed facing
the front of the car, but I can't tell they're connecting the trans to
the engine. Though if they are, how the heck can I get to them with the
engine still in the car? There's no way to get any kind of wrench to
these that has worked for me so far.

Any speedy replies to this will be greatly appreciated.. though
hopefully I can find something in the archives or elsewhere, which i'll
search as soon as I send this..

Also, can any D owners who have done the conversion to the 3.0 eagle
premier PVR please email me off list? I'd like to know what's involved,
and how much of a pain in the butt it was.

--

Chris
VIN# 03209