Re: [DML] New DMC Owner with problems

Quick thing guys.

I just want to clarify that I don't "vent" into the atmosphere and I was not
advising him to do so.  I capture the stuff.  When I told him to "bleed the
system of excess" (if that was the problem) I assume if he doesn't have the
equipment that he will take it in to be serviced.

Also, I went by a local shop the other day to check on R-12 avaialbility for
another DeLorean owner.  I was told it was about $100 per lb of R-12 Vs the
$50 or so he charged per lb of R-134a.  Perhaps you guys have it cheaper in
other places but he was telling me a single cylinder of R-12 (forget how
much he said was in it) was over 1k.

I'm glad I had converted because (atleast here) that was a big difference in
price.

Personally, I prefer R-12 because it is MUCH colder.  I don't think long
term "environmental" effects of R-12 woulda been apparent for QUITE some
time.  Too bad "they" shut down production of it.  I only used R-134a
because it was cheaper and I could do it myself.

Jeff in NC