[DML] Re: air conditioner cycle

If the compressor clutch is not cycling then the cooling fans will not
cycle when the A/C is running. The cooling fan circuit is set up so
EITHER the otterstadt turns the fans on OR the A/C clutch circuit.
Both can turn the fans on but EITHER can keep them running. A little
bit of and/or logic here. Bottom line is the compressor clutch should
be cycling and then the cooling fans will also. You may have to adjust
the amount of refrigerent and/or the setting on the low pressure
switch. Too much refrigerent can cause the system to not cycle. If a
person not familiar with Deloreans worked on the A/C he would
overcharge the system to the point where it will not cycle. In such a
case the system must be drained and the correct amount metered back
in. THEN you can adjust the pressure switch (if necessary).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alex morgan" <mauibarber@xxxx> wrote:
> I didn't check when the car was in motion but NEITHER the compressor
or the
> fans cycle.  I decided to take it to a shop today to have them
pressure test
> it.  I would think even at idle the compressor or the fans would
cycle?  The
> only time I hear the compressor click is when I start the AC and
when I turn
> it off.  Otherwise its nonstop.
> Ill let you know what the shop says.
> Mahalo,
> Alex
>

> "Alex,
> Did you notice this when the car was idling or during a drive?
Reason for