[DML] Re: Front Speakers

You do not want to use spacer rings or washers. The studs are not long
enough. It is not that hard to find a good, inexpensive 3 1/2'
speaker. It is so small that you really do not need a tweeter cone in
it, the whole speaker is the tweeter! The more important spec is the
Ohm rating. It must match the output rating of the amplifier you are
using. You would not want a 4 ohm speaker on an 8 ohm output! In
automotive applications generally the highs are produced in the front
(very directional and short propagation field) and the lows (basses)
are produced in the rear (omni-directional and large propagation
field). The lows are what takes most of the power so that is where you
spend the bucks on the speakers and the amplifacation. The tweeters
are mainly for clarity, spatial recognition, and vocals. Not only does
your wallet have a large effect on your choices, the type of music you
listen to should also be considered. The Delorean is a noisy car so
you have to also consider that too. How often you will be using the
car and the radio matters also.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757