[DML] Re: Was it all a dream?? The first 500 series car built

[DML] Re: Was it all a dream?? The first 500 series car built

Some recent research by several individuals, including myself,
has brought into question the actual build chronology of the
early 500 series cars and it appears that VIN...500 may not be
the first 500 series car off the production line.

Stainless Steel Illusion claims that VIN...500 rolled off the
assembly line on January 21, 1981, yet a few other 500 series
cars were already in the US prior to that date and were on the
Auto Show circuit (including the 1981 Detriot Auto show) as
much as two weeks before this date.  Several former DeLorean
Motor Company employees have helped to confirm these details.

Many of these early 500 series cars were considered engineering
cars by DeLorean Motor Company employees, so it is difficult to
classify which cars were the first production cars intended to
be sold to the public.  There are more questions than answers.

Stayed tuned for more info on this topic and if you are very
interested in this topic, more details will be available at
the 25th anniversary celebration of the Delorean marque and
the DCS 2006 event next year.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Substelny" <msubstel@xxxx>