[DML] Updates for the month of July/August.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Updates for the month of July/August.



I thought I would take the time to write and let
everyone know some things.


First, that "warm up issue" which becamse a "all the
time engine bogdown" issue....by far the most
irritating issue I've had since bad fuel injectors/bad
spark plug wires or my very first repair: new
transmission...  Long story short, it's fixed.  Guess
what it was....*seriously, take a couple guesses
everyone, and then I"ll tell*.  You can't guess, Acuti
;).

I took out all the incandesent bulbs in the binnacle
and replaced them with LEDs (minus the battery light).
 Every single one of them down to the low fuel light
and seatbelt light.   Looks AWESOME at night and
really modernizes the car.  *--TY Jordan for your
DeLorean site.  I used your guide, and it worked out
very well.  Thank you!

Replaced all 11 vacuum lines with silicone hoses.

New O-rings for Primary Pressure Regulator.  Now with
that and accumulator, I have NO hot start issues.

New air horn gaskets.

Lambda system runs right (that one specifically goes
out to John - remember that conversation we had on the
phone?) - oscillates 5-7 degrees.  It is nice, solid,
and runs very well now.

Cleaned multiple frame grounds, and checked all
grounds behind the driver's side in the idle
spped/lambda/ignition ECU compartment.  As some of you
suggested here, I took the wire from frame to the coil
box to the panel behind the passenger headboard and
cleaned it REAL well - wire brushed it, contact
cleaned it, and lubed both ends thoroughly with
dielectric grease.  When reinstalling, I made sure it
was nice and tight - reason I point this out -
temperature gauge has been doing great now.  No more
issues there (thank you to whoever suggested that; I
honestly right offhand forgot).

Took off that old stifling exhaust along with the caty
converter and replaced it all with a one piece unit,
tig welded exhaust.  It consists of a bypass pipe that
runs to a smaller turbo muffler, than ends with a
single 2.5" tailpipe.  One piece unit including
flanges that utilize the old bolts in the oil pan. 
Works beautifully and sounds GREAT.  It almost - not
quite - but almost sounds like the BTTF DeLorean when
it fires up in Doc's truck for the first time.  Has a
nice almost aggressive grumble to it.  This unit was
custom fabricated by another DeLorean owner BTW...

Tightened up my passenger kneepad since I bought the
car in 2003.  It was so loose I told people not to
grab it for fear it would shear right off.  Fixed that
problem.

Installed my new steering column bushing.

Replaced the engine compartment light with a blue LED,
and replaced the auto tranny shifting light with a
green LED.  Also, the A/C console - 4 LEDS - red,
blue, blue, blue.  Looks awesome!  On a side note,
every single bulb in my car is now LED except for the
front dome light (DPO must have superglued it), front
amber lights in the front fascia, and obviously the
head and tailights - including turn signals.  Those
areas of the car just need to be safe; I don't want to
take any chances on getting in a accident..  

Installed new bulbs for my brake lights (they were out
on left side).  I also installed new amber colored
bulbs for the turn signals, and one thing I noticed
was the red "idle" lights were smaller than the brake
lights.  Casey and I shrugged as to why, but thought
"Well, lets put bigger ones in there".  So we put the
same in the brake lights as we did in the "idle"
lights: 1156LL.  Wow, do those tail lenses light up
now, holy cow!  Also, while in there - cleaned both
circuit boards with contact cleaner and dielectric
grease on all bulb sockets and wire connectors..

To all that helped me with any and/or multiple of
these upgrades or advice to the engine issues I was
having, I want to say thank you!  Those of you who
helped, you knowledge and friendship are well valued
by me.  Hopefully, I'll be able to help some of you
right back another day!

Now, my next projects (no particular order):

1.  Installing new Blaupunkt 3.5" speakers in the
front.
2.  Installing a new Kenwood/Pioneer/Sony CD/MP3
player.
3.  Installing my new door actuators.

*-- Remove center console here --*
4.  Install new headlight saver switch
5.  Replace light in hazzard switch
6.  Install new fan speed switch
7.  Install my new center air vent unit
*-- Reinstall center console here --*

Large scale projects before Pheasant Run:
8.  Repaint louvers
9.  Repaint front and rear fascias
10.  Repaint ANYTHING black on the car
11.  Repaint rims

Toys I'll try to buy but probably won't have before
PR:
12.  Flux Capacitor
13.  Door launchers
14.  Remote start/windows

And just to think, I have a wedding to plan in May
2006 and a doctorate school to go to.  Things that get
in the way of the car, I swear ;).

Jeremiah


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 




To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 





Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive