[DML] Wheel Repair

In a message dated 08/21/2005 8:37:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
coreysmoo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi.  Fall is coming, so I'm getting into winter project/repair  mode.
Repairing a rim is one of the things I want to do.  There  is a gouge
in a spot on the outside edge of my rear passenger side  rim.  I'm not
sure how it happened, because it was there when I  bought the car.
Anyways,  can this be filled in and shaped with  bondo?  If so, will
the bondo crack off when putting the tire back on  the rim?  The gouge
is on the edge.  I really don't want to buy  a new set of rims because
the other 3 are fine.  I am rather artistic  and have done plenty of
sculpting over time, so if it is possible to fill  the gouge with bondo
and shape it, I am confident it will look  great.
Cheers,
Corey Ooms
2423

There is a wheel repair center (the rim is the outer edge of the  wheel) in
Maryland called Whellworx. They advertise in the BMW magazines and we  had a
chapter get together at their facilities. They receive wheels from all  over the
world and restore them to as new condition.

Wheel WORX
8213 Cloverleaf Drive, Millersville, MD 21108
(410)  969-7282

Best Wishes,
Mike Pack