[DML] Re: how do i depressure the fuel system?

[DML] Re: how do i depressure the fuel system?

Whoa WHAT are you talking about? There most certainly IS pressure in
your fuel system even with your battery disconnected and engine off.
Just because your car is off, DOES NOT mean there is no pressure.
It's called REST PRESSURE! It's what your accumulator is installed
for. If you park your car for days and want to see if there is
pressure-just depress the air sensor plate. If there is a slight
force pushing against you there is still pressure in the system (try
it just after you shut off your car to see what I'm talking about).
If there is no force and it moves freely up and down-still assume
there is a very SLIGHT pressure to be safe-but not much (will never
be like this right after you shut off your car-unless you have bad
accumulator or ck valve). Even with no pressure you'll still have
fuel spilling out of the lines. What I do is put a nice big rag and
wrap it around the cold start valve-once you have a wrench on the
connector on top of the csv put the rag around that as well-and
slowly open the connection while you're WEARING SAFETY GOGGLES even
if the connection is covered. This will depressurize the system, as
well you'll be able to collect most fuel without making a mess (once
you loosen the connector take off the line and let the line empty
into a container (a cap off of a spray paint can works great-just
stick it between the cold start valve on the hose going to the idle
motor or put it on between the air sensor and 'W' pipe over throttle
body-and put the end of the line into it). It's very easy to be
overcome by fumes working on fuel systems-so do it with a fan
running and in a well ventilated area. -----Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer@xxxx>